To Our Valued Loyal Guests:
With so many things in a state of flux right now, I wanted to reach out to you personally to give you an update on what we are doing at Fitzpatrick Hotels to remove some of the uncertainty you may have about any travel plans that you have in place, or that you may make going forward.
Health and Wellness
Before anything else, our absolute first priority is the safety of our guests and employees. As such, we always have high standards for cleanliness and hygiene in place, but in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we have elevated those standards even higher in an effort to maintain a more sterile environment for our guests and employees. Towards that end:
- Monitoring Developing Information Closely:We have been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), and sharing that new information with our employees. On a daily basis, both of our New York hotels are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address not only COVID-19, but a broad range of contagions.
- Employee Health, Safety and Hygiene Knowledge:Training our employees to have a high level of health, safety and hygiene knowledge is absolutely essential to having a successful health, safety and hygiene program.
- Hand Hygiene:Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols:We work with our supplier and vendors to make sure our hotels can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency as well as the protective equipment they need to use them. Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
- Guest Rooms: Our hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean and sanitize rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items like door handles, desk tops, faucets, toilet handles and seats, televisions, remote controls, light switches, and telephones
- Public Spaces: Both of our hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the surfaces of our front desks, elevators (and elevator buttons), door handles, public bathrooms, bar and table tops, chair rails, and shared computer keyboards
- Back of House: In the spaces where our employees work out of public view, our hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like stairway entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Revised Reservation and Cancellation Policies
For the next sixty days, all reservations booked directly through Fitzpatrick Hotels, whether already booked or made between now and May 13, 2020, can be cancelled right up to the expected day of arrival at no charge, without penalty. This only extends to reservations booked directly through our website, www.fitzpatrickhotels.com, or through our reservations office, as third parties and online travel agencies may have their own policies in place on bookings made with them.
Finally, I just want to thank you for your loyalty to Fitzpatrick Hotels. At times like these, we believe that giving people a warm Irish welcome and providing them with personal service and comfort is more important than it ever was, and we will continue to do just that for our guests. We look forward to seeing you soon.
President & CEO
Fitzpatrick Hotel Group, North America