August 01, 2019
If you’re visiting the city this month, then make sure you check out what there is to do and see this month. With events happening nearly every day around the city you are sure to be busy on your visit this August.
NYC Restaurant Week
Jul 22 – Aug 16
For 2 weeks only over 300 restaurants around the City have special prix-fixe menus. You can get a two-course lunch for $26 or a three-course dinner for $42. It’s a great time to sample some of the best restaurants in the City. Talk to one of our team for recommendations and to help with your reservation.
Out of Doors at the Lincoln Centre
Jul 25 – Aug 11
The Lincoln Centre Plaza is host to the Out of Doors festival of world-class music, dance, and spoken word. There are different events every day from day time music to evening comedy make sure to check out the line up on their website
Aug 3 – Aug 17
For the first three weekends of the month, seven miles along Park Avenue will be pedestrianised for the Summer Streets Festival. The festival includes five rest stops, plus walking tours that explore NYC. Each rest stop has something different to offer:
– The Foley Square Rest Stop (Duane and Centre Sts) has extreme sports such as the infamous zipline.
– The Soho rest stop (Spring and Lafayette Sts) is the fitness zone where folks can take free workout classes.
– The Astor Place rest top (Astor Pl and Lafayette St) is an Outdoor Adventure course called “Climb Every Mountain.”
– The Midtown rest stop (25th Street and Park Ave) is “City Picnic: Food Glorious Food,” which will be a grub and beverage sampling area.
– The Uptown rest stop (51st St and Park Ave) is the Children’s Corner.
Outdoors Movies Across the City
There are numerous venues around the city showing outdoor movies this August. Check out the locations below and find a movie you want to see. All movies are free all you need is yourself and a picnic blanket!
– Coney Island Flicks on the Beach (Aug 1 – Aug 26)
– Hudson River Flicks (Aug 1 – Aug 23)
– Central Park Film Festival (Aug 13 – Aug 15)
– Bryant Park Monday Movie Nights (Aug 1 – Aug 12)
Catch a Baseball Game
This August, Baseball season is in full swing! Get tickets to a game for the full authentic New Yorker experience. There are three teams to choose from when seeing a game in New York:
– The New York Yankees
– The New York Mets
– Brooklyn Cyclones
Check out what dates any of our teams are playing home games this month and talk to one of our team about getting tickets during your stay.